Editor’s Note: Hi everyone, I’ll be going to the Philippines for a couple of weeks to address some family matters and I am not sure of the internet situation yet, so I apologize in advance if the posting frequency on the site becomes less consistent. To try to make it up to you, here’s a little shot of what I’ll likely be carrying overseas:
- Polarized sunglasses
- Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ w/ 32gb microSD
- Playing Cards
- Microfiber towel (for phone, gadgets, glasses and intense perspiration)
- Headporter Hip Pack
- 4sevens Quark 123 Ti
- iPhone 4S anti-theft device
- Pilot Birdy Mini SS and SS Sharpie
- My attempt at a paleo trail mix
- Victorinox Super Tinker with 550 lanyard (should cover all the tools I need)
- Seiko SNN215 on Grey NATO (Adjustable strap in case I swell up from the heat and/or consumption of rice)
- USB to mini USB, spare CR123a battery, SS peanut lighter
- Handkerchief (I’ve been told it’s hot in the Philippines)
- iPhone charger (I’ll pick up a universal adapter when I land)
- Shure SE530 custom remolds, vintage leather belt pouch
I’d likely be carrying this pack with my camera, or inside of my RUSH 24. My RUSH24 will keep a compact spare change of clothes, a compact umbrella, my laptop and charger, a book, and so on… I’d prefer to have a less “tactical” look and a more fobby asian look just to blend in better I guess! I don’t anticipate needing too much gear as I’ll be in the city, and as I’m not sure of the knife laws exactly, I’ll play it safe with a SAK.
Anyway, thanks for looking. If I see cool gear during my travels, it’ll likely end up on @carrygram!
digging the sunglasses and the watch, especially digging that iphone “anti-theft” device aha.